something I'm really good at! I'm feeling extremely overwelmed by my work right now and when I get this way, I've found it's good to go back to something that is really me and reflect on it, touch it, analyze it, lose myself in it ...a rejuvenation of sorts I suppose. In talking with a friend I was reminded of this earlier today. I need to remember me and what is "good" for me more often.
I used to spend so much time on my own personal interests and my design work has pretty much invaded a lot of that space. So it's a battle to allow that really selfish personal "me" stuff to find room in my life.
One reason I so "dig" photography is because I can isolate everything around me in a way that's unique to me. I would much rather look through the viewfinder of a camera, than to look otherwise. I remember the day i finally realized why it was that photography was "it" for me.
Here's a couple of pics that take me away, things I love, things that remind me of "who I am." This is an old barn a couple of miles from our house. We see it every year when we cut down our Christmas tree. It's one of many in my personal photography collection.
These are some old things from my collections. The ledger is from an old general store dating back to the 1850's. I love to browse the entries and imagine the people who made them, what they were wearing, see what they were buying and how much they paid for it. I can't believe sometimes I'm touching something that was written in so long ago. The type in it's beyond COOL! It's one of my favorites. I collect salt glazed crocks, especially love that number 2 on this one. The trunk in this was brought from Sweden by my husband's ancestors, his grandparent's parents. It even still has personal notes written inside.
Since I have rambled a LOT (see I told you I was purposely procrastingating) I'm curious what you do when you procrastinate for JuST YOU! How do you refresh?
Here's my abridged list.
- long hot quiet baths, usually at night (one of my favorite places in my home...my own private bath)
- a new magazine to read, especially love to take it outside to the porch or to the full swing
- fresh diet pepsi and a mini size bag of popcorn ready for some aimless internet surfing, especially window shopping (not the most healthy option)
- sitting back and running my digital pics in slide show on my computer
- serious aggressive house cleaning (doesn't happen very often, but when I'm the most overwelmed, this is usually the biggest source of my mood drain)
- baking something sinful,happens monthly when craving dark chocolate brownies
- heading over to a nearby town, full of antique shops galore
- losing myself in some music, my favorite group of late is Rascal Flatts. ok, I confess, I'm a complete country girl. Actually i love it all, all music, but I just have to have country music the most. I suppose growing up a small town Nebraska girl has something to do with that or at least that's my excuse.